- Position offset knuckle toward door panel with outside edge of door hard against locating shoulder.
- Position hinge on door jamb to allow door panel to make contact with the draught seal. The door panel can be recessed by up to 15mm to achieve a draught seal, however it is normal to position the outside face of the door panel, flush or within 2mm of the outside line of the partition jamb. This will ensure that the door latch will engage it’s keeper correctly. The door panel thickness will dictate the above, together with partition frame section and thickness of draught seal to be used.
- Screw outer leaf to door jamb and inner leaf to door panel.
- Screws can be 8 or 10 gauge. Length will vary with each application. 18mm minimum for door panel and ideally should carry through into the door post for best results.
- Ensure door jamb is plumb and attached firmly to stud or post in hinge area.
- Use heavy duty hinge (QFHD) if installation includes top hung door closers.
- Refer to weight loading charts to ensure correct hinge selection.